August 25, 2014

table mountain

Well, we're all settled in Utah now, and our apartment is feeling more and more like home.

At the end of July we hiked Table Mountain in the Tetons. Hollllyyy craaaaaappp, what a hike. It was 14 miles round trip and the hardest thing I have ever done. I have never seen such beautiful scenery though! The Tetons are amazing and the views from the hike and the summit are unreal. I don't know if I'll ever do that hike again, but I'm sure proud that I did it once. (Shout out to my husband for being so patient with me. I'm sure it wasn't easy...)

^^We hiked up the face, which shaved off a couple of miles. Very steep is an understatement...^^
 ^^There were beautiful wildflowers everywhere.^^
^^An hour or so into our hike, the sun started peaking over the mountains. It was so so pretty!^^
^^Ohhh this was such a relieving sight! We could finally see the summit!^^
^^East/West^^
 ^^Ahhhhhmazing.^^
^^We borrowed a small water filter from our friends, and it was a lifesaver. Fresh mountain stream water is the best.^^

There you go! I highly recommend this hike to anyone (if I can do it, you can do it..). It was a long, difficult, and, for me, emotional hike, but it was so worth it. The views are unbeatable, and you can feel good about yourself that you conquered it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!