April 9, 2014

silly 5k

A couple Saturdays ago we ran a 5k that Matt's work sponsored! It was my first time running one... actually, 3 miles is the farthest I've ever run. So although to some 3 miles is nothing, I was pretty proud of myself for running it. I had two goals: run it without stopping and run it under 35 minutes. I accomplished both! I ran it in 34 minutes, haha :) At the end of the race we were sprayed with silly string. It was a lot of fun!

 Matt's responsibility was to be the "caboose" of the race, so he had to stay back until everyone finished. When he finally came in, he was welcomed with quite the silly string attack.
So. Much. Silly String.

Now that I've somewhat gotten into running (I still hate it...), I think I'm going to train for a 10k this summer. The thought of running for an hour or more kills me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!