September 9, 2013

coconut curry chicken soup

I tried a new recipe tonight, and you guys, it is SO good. It's probably my favorite thing I've ever cooked (and it's for sure Matt's favorite, too). We have a love for Thai food, and luckily we have a really good Thai restaurant here in Rexburg. I came across this recipe the other day and decided to try my hand at cooking Thai food. Now I think I'll just cook our future Thai food :).

Coconut Curry Chicken Soup

3 Tbs red Thai curry paste (I used 2 1/2 Tbs in fear it would be too spicy, but it wasn't spicy at all!)
2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk
1 cup chicken stock
1 tsp fish sauce (I didn't include this)
1 red bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch strips
1 cup snow peas
1 cup frozen peas
2 bundles vermicelli noodles
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1/2 cup sliced scallions
1 sliced chile, for garnish (optional)
juice of one lime
coarse salt

Bring a large pot to a medium-high heat. Add the curry paste with 1/4 cup coconut milk; whisk until smooth. Add the rest of the coconut milk, chicken stock and fish sauce. Stir until combined.

Add the red bell pepper, snow peas, peas, vermicelli noodles and chicken. Toss in a good pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on medium for about 8 minutes, until the noodles have softened.

Add half the lime juice, stir and taste.

Serve soup garnished with scallions, chile pepper, and remaining lime wedges.

[recipe via]

It was just too good not to share. Now go and make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!