September 7, 2013

american flag coffee table

Like I wrote about a few posts back, I was in Chicago/camp for two weeks. It was hard being away from Matt for so long, so coming back home to him was the best. What made our reunion even sweeter was what he had waiting for me back home at our apartment. While I was gone, Matt went home to Montana and made me the most beautiful coffee table I could ever dream of for our anniversary! I cried when I saw it. I've always wanted him to make us a coffee table (because he does the most amazing work). What made it even more special was the American flag inlaid in the wood. Now, if you know me, you know I love America just under God and Matt. He knows me so well that he made the flag a part of our coffee table. I will cherish it forever.

[Each stripe in the flag is an individual piece of wood. He hand painted and distressed them.]

Ah! Isn't it amazing?! I'm so obsessed with it. It completes our cute little family room.

The other day Matt asked, "Do you think there is too much America stuff in here" (because I have a few other patriotic things), and I replied, "Is there such thing as too much America??"

The answer is no.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!