May 28, 2013

memorial day weekend

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day! I love Memorial Day. I love having a day set aside to honor those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom and who are currently serving our country. I think we should have more days to celebrate these brave and honorable men and women. I am grateful for their service, and I am especially grateful for their families who support them. Serving and fighting for our country is one of the most selfless acts one can do.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Yesterday I spent the morning looking at videos of soldiers returning home to their families. Matt and I actually view these videos frequently, because they are just the sweetest moments. I was looking for my favorite homecoming videos to put on the blog, but then I came across more videos that also became my favorite. They are all so good. Here are a couple that we love:



This commercial is probably the best commercial I have ever seen.

To all the service men and women, thank you.

This is how we spent our long weekend!
 Matt cooked up a big brown trout he caught about a month ago!
 While he slaughtered that fish, I did some planting!
 Matt is a master fish cooker. I wish you all could have tasted that trout. Actually, no I don't, because I want it all for myself!
 We went to the duck pond last night to feed the ducks! It was such a beautiful night.
Just exploring.

I love long weekends, and I love spending all day with my sweet husband.

3 comments:

  1. Just found you from the Peacoats and Plaid blog hop and I'm a new follower. Good luck with school and hope it goes well!

    Britney Mills

    http://www.theprincessandhercowboys.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog post and I will admit I teared up during a few of those you tube videos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I am co-hosting this week on Friend Connect Blog Hop. Thanks for connecting up!
    I also host a TGIF Link Party over at my place -- A Peek Into Paradise... http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/ Would love for you to link up, Opens on Fridays and stays open until Wednesday at midnight. Thanks again for visiting the Friend Connect Blog Hop!
    Have a terrific week!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!