February 4, 2013

super bowl sunday

Well, this Super Bowl was depressing to say the least. Our beloved 49ers lost. I was born and raised a Niner fan (although coming from Colorado, I do love the Broncos as well) so this year was especially exciting, but my heart was broken. Despite the terrible loss, we had a great night with great company. Some of our close friends came over, and luckily none of them were Ravens fans.

I always get emotional during our National Anthem. I thought Alicia Keys did a good job. Here's a fun little fact I read on USA Today: her rendition is the longest in Super Bowl history at 156.4 seconds (the previous record was 152 seconds in 1994). I also loved the Sandy Hook children singing America the Beautiful. There were several touching tributes this year; the Aurora shooting tribute in the pregame show was really inspirational.

Our friends had the nicer TV, and we have cable, so we joined forces // One of the best parts about the Super Bowl // We made some 7 layer dip // We also made pizza cupcakes which are SO good // Can we talk about Beyonce!? She was amazing in my opinion, and I think she is so fabulous. I was also so excited to see Destiny's Child reunited! I just wish they would have sung "Say My Name." // Sadness

I tried this recipe, too, and it was really good! It was like chicken wings but in shredded form.

My favorite commercial was by far this one:

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Super Bowl! And if anyone is in mourning, you are not alone.

5 comments:

  1. yummy food....too bad the niners lost. i was so mad. haha! i also loved that commercial and the one with the guy and the horse...i cried! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. I found your blog from the GFC blog hop! How did you make the pizza cupcakes? They sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We buy flaky Pillsbury biscuits. Each biscuit has about 3 layers that you can pull apart. Grease a muffin pan, and put one layer of biscuit at the bottom of each muffin hole. Then put in whatever toppings you want! (We used pizza sauce, pepperonis, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and olives.) Then put one layer of biscuit on top of your toppings, pushing down on the sides to seal all the toppings inside.

      Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 12-15 minutes.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry about the loss! I know it stings. But Beyonce was amazing. She totally rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little tib bit you shared on the duration of national anthem. And DESTINYS CHILD seriously? That was a great surprise...all of us chicks were like WHATTTTTT...and all the dudes where like wait what? haha see what they know! New follower, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!