February 5, 2013

easy banana bread

We love banana bread over here. I swear I use a new recipe every time I make it. So, as usual, I searched for a random recipe, and I came across this one. It's the easiest one I've made and probably the best tasting, too!

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in beaten eggs and mashed bananas  until well blended.
4. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir until well-mixed and moistened. (I added chocolate chips also!)
5. Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. (I baked mine for 55 minutes and then put foil on top an baked it for another 5 minutes.)

[recipe via allrecipes]

It is pretty dang good, if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

  1. looks pretty dang good, you're right.
    i love banana bread, i might just have to make some tonight.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I love banana bread... why did I choose to do a low-carb health kick again?!!? Wah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum!! i think i'm going have to try this out.. i've got some bananas that need to be used up!
    love.
    amy

    amylynn188.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banana bread is great! I am your newest GFC follower, and found you via 'I Love My Online Friends GFC Hop'. Have a wonderful day!
    Angie G.ml
    http://mycraftycollections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!