We love banana bread over here. I swear I use a new recipe every time I make it. So, as usual, I searched for a random recipe, and I came across this one. It's the easiest one I've made and probably the best tasting, too!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in beaten eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
4. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir until well-mixed and moistened. (I added chocolate chips also!)
5. Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. (I baked mine for 55 minutes and then put foil on top an baked it for another 5 minutes.)
[recipe via allrecipes]
It is pretty dang good, if I do say so myself.