January 11, 2013

life lately

Well, we made it through the first week of school! This semester is going to be really fun. I'm in my last semester of classes before I begin my internships, and I'm the Social Work Society president. Matt got a job as a PR writer for University Communications which we are really grateful/excited for! I'm really excited to see where this semester goes!

It's been a winter wonderland all week here in the dreadful Rexburg, Idaho. I actually really love the snow, I just hate driving in it. I have self-diagnosed myself with minor PTSD, because of a car accident I was in a few years ago which involved snow, a guard rail, a cliff, and a forest. (That sounds like a really awful sentence haha). Since then, I have such bad anxiety driving in the snow. Poor Matt has to deal with this every time we drive. The drivers are bad enough up here, but what makes it worse are the pedestrians. They are the WORST. I swear they all have a death wish. Seriously, no one looks before they cross the street. Them plus bad drivers plus snow equals me being a mess. But, when I'm in the comfort of our apartment, I absolutely love the snow. (Sorry for the seemingly pointless story :))

New chevron stripe skirt from Target // Textbooks never get cheaper, even when you're taking less classes // Best quote from my Child Welfare professor // Winter wonderland // Lots of hot chocolate // We have a very cold weekend ahead of us // White Barn Nutmeg & Spice is the best smelling candle ever from Bath & Body Works // Snow season equals boots season // Matt has been making lots of signs lately (the "U" is new for us!)

Follow me on Instagram @meganurick

4 comments:

  1. I wish it would snow in Alabama!!! It looks so beautiful. I also love those signs! Matt should open an Etsy shop and sell them. :)

    -Logan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have an Etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/barnwoodbuilt

      Delete
  2. Ugh. I have many friends in Rexburg and I just can't imagine cold like that. How all of my Southern California friends are surviving up there is BEYOND me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!