December 20, 2012

reminiscing

My uncle made a DVD of our engagement and wedding pictures and footage he took at our wedding. It was so beautifully done!! I was teary through the whole thing--I love looking back at our wedding. He asked most of our friends and relatives to give us advice, and it was all so sweet! So many memories flooded back from that day. We've only been married for four months, but it's amazing what you can forget in such a short amount of time! I'm glad we have a DVD now to always remind us of what a special day our wedding was.

Here is one of my favorite memories:
We were STARVING after our wedding ceremony. We were all (my cousin was the photographer so she was with us, too) craving Chick-Fil-A; we had no idea we would get the warm welcome that we did. Everyone stopped and just stared at us. All the girls behind the counter were "awww-ing" and people began to clap for us. The workers asked if we had just gotten married, and they were thrilled that we chose their Chick-Fil-A to have our first married meal at. The girl that took our order asked her manager if we could get our meal for free, and the manager was so sweet and paid for our meal. A few registers down, another man also offered to pay for our meal. We couldn't believe how nice everyone was!

If anyone is looking for a good after-wedding meal, I 100% suggest Chick-Fil-A!

Some of the best advice on the video was:
"I hope the smiles on their faces today stay there forever."

12 comments:

  1. how adorable!! it's so fun to see how truly thoughtful perfect strangers are in those situations :) love that it makes for a great story, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from the blog hop! Love that you guys had Chick-fil-a after your wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog from the blog hop... omg could you two be any cuter?? Its hilarous because my fiance and I SERIOUSLY contemplated getting Chick-fil-a catered for our big day dinner meal!! Love this. You my dear are gorgeous.

    Excited to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww..loved seeing the pictures!
    Now for anniversaries will you go to Chick-fil-A? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cute! Like really cute. Felt so happy reading it. Wedding days are the best days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful, I love Chick-fil-a, they have such generous and kind people that work for the company! That is so sweet that the manager paid for your meal but I can't say I blame him, I would have paid for it too had I seen someone straight up in their wedding gown come into a restaurant. You two are too cute! Also, "I hope the smiles on their faces today stay there forever." <--- that is the sweetest thing I have ever read & so true!
    -Becca
    faithloveandbabies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful photos and wonderful memories!! If you have time, we'd love to have you come and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already! We are hosting a great giveaway too which is a wonderful opportunity to give some extra exposure to you lovely blog. Come and link up, enter the giveaway and celebrate the coming weekend with us!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so awesome! I love that they were all clapping.
    So dang cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like such a fun memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! What a great memory for you guys.
    Congrats!!!

    New Follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool is that? This makes me want some nuggets now. Yall are so cute and look great together. I just found your blog through a blog hop. This newlywed is your newest follower.

    Lura
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!