November 6, 2012

election day

Today is the day that I have been anticipating for nearly a year. I cannot believe Election Day is finally here, and what is even more crazy is that four years has flown so fast. During the last election, I was a senior in high school--I missed voting in the election by mere days because of my birthday. I have been so excited to be able to vote in this election. A little side note about me... I am HUGE into politics. I love knowing what is going on in our country and staying up-to-date with our current events. I love America to the point that I get teary eyed every time I talk about America, say the Pledge of Allegiance, hear our National Anthem, and talk about our troops. I care about America, and I care about our county's future.

This year I got married. I am originally from Colorado, and before I came back up to Idaho for school, I was bound and determined to get my name changed in Colorado so I could keep my Colorado license. There was one reason for this--I had to stay a registered voter in Colorado because my state is a battleground state. Idaho is a red state no matter what, so in Colorado, my vote counts.

I am a conservative through and through. I won't bore you with everything that I believe politically, but what I do care about most is a good person whose number one concern is taking care of America and upholding our Constitution.

This video is a shout-out to Colorado!

I believe it is so important for people to get out and vote. I don't understand why people don't vote! It is our right to vote! My husband said, "You can't complain about the outcome if you don't vote!" That is so true.

God Bless America.

5 comments:

  1. Amen!
    Last time I voted it was in Rexburg and almost pointless to vote as it was 97% Mccain and Idaho is a very red state... But I did it so I could complain :)
    We are very frustrated today as I'm sure you guys are too :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are just very sad. I cried all night last night. God bless American, that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. Aloha,

    I wanted to personally invite you too to join me and our beautiful team for An Aloha Affair-- it's a new sort of way of being/ growing together in a more meaningful way and we're truly committed to you having a great experience-- I hope you'll join us... save ya a spot?...

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voting is a right so many take for granted. I did my part, voted, and am proud to do so :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. voting IS soimportant!
    thanks so much for linking up with us at an aloha affair!
    have a great weekend!
    www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!