October 4, 2012

rolled tacos

I have never really cooked before until I got married. Since then, I've cooked every night, and I love it! A couple of nights ago we made homemade rolled tacos (more like taquitos).

Rolled Tacos

You will need:
 Vegetable Oil (I used Canola)
Corn Tortillas
Canned Roast Beef (I also used canned chicken)

Directions: 
- Drain most of the gravy out of the canned roast beef.
- In a bowl, break apart the chunks of roast beef with a fork.
- If you choose to use canned chicken too, shred the chicken in a separate bowl. I added taco seasoning to the chicken.
- Warm a stack of tortillas (10 at a time) in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until the tortillas will roll and not split apart. 
- Place a spoon full of roast beef/chicken on one side of the tortilla; spread it out in a line.
- Tightly roll the tortilla up and place in a pan with the open end facing down to keep it together.
- Cover the bottom of a skillet with oil.
- Place the rolled taco in the oil with the open side facing down.
- Flip the taco over after a couple of minutes, or until the one side is golden brown. Do the same for the other side.


 All done! They were so good.
 {via}
We have also recently tried this, this, and especially this and loved them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!