I have never really cooked before until I got married. Since then, I've cooked every night, and I love it! A couple of nights ago we made homemade rolled tacos (more like taquitos).
You will need:
Vegetable Oil (I used Canola)
Canned Roast Beef (I also used canned chicken)
- Drain most of the gravy out of the canned roast beef.
- In a bowl, break apart the chunks of roast beef with a fork.
- If you choose to use canned chicken too, shred the chicken in a separate bowl. I added taco seasoning to the chicken.
- Warm a stack of tortillas (10 at a time) in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until the tortillas will roll and not split apart.
- Place a spoon full of roast beef/chicken on one side of the tortilla; spread it out in a line.
- Tightly roll the tortilla up and place in a pan with the open end facing down to keep it together.
- Cover the bottom of a skillet with oil.
- Place the rolled taco in the oil with the open side facing down.
- Flip the taco over after a couple of minutes, or until the one side is golden brown. Do the same for the other side.
All done! They were so good.