May 1, 2012

my heart is set on you

 We're engaged!

My amazing fiance proposed to me last Friday.
Oh my goodness it couldn't have been more perfect. I was so surprised!

My dad and I drove to Utah on Friday to spend the week with my family and to pick my brother up from school. Matt drove down from Idaho for the weekend to spend the weekend with my family and me as well. I was so hoping Matt was going to propose this weekend, but he totally had me convinced that he didn't have the ring yet. I have a problem with trying to figure things out, so I asked my dad over and over if he knew anything I didn't know. My dad is good at hiding things, because he had me fooled also. Even my brother didn't crack.

Friday night, Matt told me he had some presents for me! He first gave me this picture frame with lyrics of our favorite songs that remind us of each other. It is so sweet. I love looking at it and being reminded of all the memories each song has with it. I absolutely love that he did this!

After I got done reading all of the lyrics, Matt gave me a Northface jacket! I have always wanted one, and so I was just excited about that! I hugged him and felt his heart racing. I thought it was odd, but I didn't really think much of it. I felt something in the pocket of the jacket when I put it on, but I thought it was just my cell phone in the sweater I was wearing underneath. Apparently I was taking too long to put my hands in the pockets, because Matt had to mess with one of the zippers to influence me to put my hands in the pockets of the jacket. So... I put my hands in the pockets and felt the ring box. I can't even explain the rush of emotions I had at that moment. I just froze and started bawling. I looked up at Matt and saw his tears, and I just hugged him so tightly. When I opened the ring box, I could hardly speak. I was in shock that one, he was proposing, and two, how beautiful the ring is! He asked me to be his wife, and saying YES is the best decision I will ever make in my life.

 My ring is absolutely beautiful. I cannot take my eyes off of it!
I am so honored that Matt chose me to be his wife and eternal companion. He is the best person that I have ever met, and I'm so blessed that I get to spend the rest of my life with someone like him. Never have I felt so much selfless love towards me. He takes perfect care of me and makes me the happiest I could ever dream of being. Matt began as my best friend, and now he is the love of my life. I can't think of a more perfect combination to spend the rest of my life with! I love you Matt, with everything that I have.

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you, Megan! Wishing the very best for you and Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol Anne! Miss you guys!

      Delete
  2. What a cute way to propose! Congratulations and best wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! The cutest! You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!