April 23, 2012

weekend fun

This weekend I was able to spend time with my good friend Melissa who came home to Colorado to visit. We basically grew up together but didn't become close until college. She has a beautiful baby girl who I swear is the happiest baby I've ever seen. I love her!

On Friday we hiked the incline. Ugh. It was my first time. Melissa, her sister, and I (their dad left us in the dust) all started out together but then gradually scattered apart. Melissa beat us all. I watched her just truck up those stairs like it was nothing. It took me an hour. I hope to get that time down a good bit this summer. I'm just glad I finally did it. It was beautiful up there, and the hike down bar trail is even prettier.

I love living in Colorado. It's the most beautiful place.


Saturday was a pampering day. We all went to get pedicures and manicures with Melissa's little sister Kaylie who was getting ready for prom! Ohhh it was so good to get a pedicure. We spent all day helping Kaylie get ready for her prom. She looked stunning.

Sunday was a happy day! I got called to my dream calling at church... SUNBEAM TEACHER! Oh my goodness I'm so excited to teach those little 3 year olds. We're going to have so much fun this summer!



It's so good to see good friends like Melissa. 
I'm grateful for the close friends I have in my life.


Oh, and how about that summer day we were having today, huh? :)

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a beautiful hike AND gorgeous weather! Every time I hike, I'm always expecting it to be as easy as walking and I always get my butt kicked :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh megan!! I just love you so much! I'm so happy that we got to hang out so much while I was visiting. I hope I get to see you again soon! And keep me in the know with updates:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!