April 7, 2012

finals week

Well I just have not blogged in a long time.

This week was finals week. 
F I N A L L Y
So here is how my week  went...

Let's go back to last Thursday. My lover/best friend/boyfriend came down from Montana to help me with final's week. Last weekend we went to Utah to visit my family. It was great. I absolutely love weekends with my family, especially when Matt gets to join. My cousins Matt and Val got to meet him, and in the words of my cousin Matt describing my Matt, "He seems like a real straight shooter." And that just makes me happy.

 My brother, Matt, and I went to a Jazz/Kings game. I realized that everyone is a Jazz fan in Utah until Jimmer is on the court... then everyone loves team Jimmer. It was my first NBA game, so that was exciting.


Then we had a conference-filled rest of the weekend. I know I'm a week late on talking about conference, but I still want to share my favorite talk.




 

 "Be kind, and be grateful that God is kind. It is a happy way to live."
 
"Don't dwell on old issues and grievances; not toward yourself, nor your neighbor, nor even I might add toward this true and living church...even if one of those grievances did not originate with you, it can end with you. And what a reward there will be for that contribution when the Lord of the vineyard looks you in the eye and accounts are settled at the end of our earthly day."

"Surely the thing God enjoys most about being God is the thrill of being merciful, especially to those who don't expect it and especially feel they don't deserve it."
 
"However late you think you are, however many chances you think you've missed, however many mistakes you feel you've made, or talents you think you don't have, or distance from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ's Atonement shines."

"To those of you, member or not yet member, who may still be hanging back, to each of you, one and all, I testify of the renewing power of God's love and the miracle of his grace. His concern is for the faith at which you finally arrive, not the hour of the day in which you got there."

 
This talk touched my heart so much. There is so much hope in Christ.


On to finals week. I don't think I would have stayed sane if Matt wasn't in town to help me. I'm just going to share some things he did for me. He brought me flowers and chocolate and Dr. Pepper for some encouragement. He wrote a final paper for me. He serviced my car and cleaned out the inside, too. He took naps with me, even if he didn't sleep. He woke me up from naps when I wanted to get up, and let me sleep longer because I didn't want to get up yet. He rubbed my back while I studied. He helped fill out a study guide for me for one test while I studied for another test. He let me read him my notes. He helped pack me up. He cleaned my room for my clean check. He was a dream. Goodness I am so grateful for him! Matt is the best person I know, and it is so overwhelming to me how selfless he is, not just to me, but to everyone in his life. I love him and am so incredibly grateful for him.

In case you haven't seen from previous posts, I HATE BIOLOGY. That class was the hardest class for me! But guess. what. I GOT A B IN THE CLASS! Not even a B-; it was a solid B. I'm just going to say that I am proud of myself because I would have accepted a D. The rest of my classes ended well too. 4 A's and a B in stupid Biology... I'll take it. I'm so excited for the rest of college now, because I am now fully in all of my core social work classes! Only 3 more semesters left!

Well, I am home now. Being back in Colorado just reassures my disdain for Rexburg, Idaho. It feels soooooo good to be home. I have a much needed 5 month summer now. And great news...

MATT FLIES IN TOMORROW TO SPEND THE WEEK WITH ME!
I'm just a little excited :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much love! You shall meet him at Annie's wedding!

      Delete
  2. I know that your love for me totally surpasses the disdain you feel for Rexburg!! LOLL! JK! Nice job on the grades!! Hope you're having a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you trump all ill feelings for Rexburg. I miss you!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!