February 22, 2012

called to serve

My brother Jason received his mission call today. It was TOTALLY unexpected--we thought it would get here next week! Are you ready for this....


Colombia Cali Mission

He will be serving the Lord for two years for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He reports to the MTC July 5th.

Jase, Nerd, Mistake, Jaaaaathen, 
You're the best thing that has happened to me. I can hardly see the keys to type because I'm crying so much. I'm sorry I won't be able to road trip to you now that you're going out of the country... looks like I'll just have to take a boat. You're the best brother/friend a sister could ask for. Thank you for being my partner in crime and my protector my whole life. You have been the most consistent thing in my life. I know you got mad at me for being too much of a mom to you growing up, but just know that my protective motherly instinct over you is what has driven me in so many things throughout my life. I couldn't be more proud of you. You think I call too much now? Think you can get away from me now? No way. I'm the best pen pal and e-mailer around. So just get used to it :). I love you so much. You inspire me every day and have taught me more than you will ever know. I never gave up on hoping for this day, you opening your mission call. I have been an emotional basket-case ever since last Thanksgiving when you announced that you have decided to prepare to go on a mission. It's been a love/hate thing for me because I'm going to miss you so incredibly much! But I wouldn't want anything different for you. I am overjoyed and filled with so much love for you. We will make the next 4 months the best. Again, I'm so incredibly happy for you. Love you baby bro.

3 comments:

  1. i feel the same way about brendon! so freaking emotional! Haha, but tell jason i say congrats and that i know a guy named eric stutz who is pretty cool serving in that same mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have made me cry! What an amazing tribute to your brother! But I have to say, he has one pretty amazing sister as well! What an amazing mission call! :) See you in class! Steff

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!